• Social Security Disability Attorney
  • Workers’ Compensation Law Firm

What to Do After a Car Accident

By gotdenied-administration-August 11, 2015

Car accidents can be traumatizing and very confusing. In order to avoid confusion and reach the best possible outcome, use the following suggestions for guidance:


  • Immediately visit a doctor and visit again later for any newly found injuries. A doctor can treat injuries and document injuries in order to later confirm that they were caused by the accident.
  • Following the auto accident, make sure that the first responders and the personnel you interact with at the hospital take note of any symptoms you experience of any kind (physical and mental), no matter how insignificant they may seem.
    • Proper documentation of injuries caused by the car accident is very important.
  • Unless your attorney is present, refuse any statements auto insurance claims adjusters request from you and decline any releases they may ask you to sign.
    • Additionally, do not allow them to view you vehicle to observe the damage caused by the auto accident.
    • Allowing any of the previously mentioned to happen jeopardizes your ability to sue a negligent driver or even collect No-Fault insurance benefits.
  • As soon as possible, call your insurance company.
    • Explain the auto accident to them and file for No-Fault benefits with them by requesting an application for No-Fault benefits.
    • The No-Fault benefits application form is essential in qualifying for medical benefits, wage loss benefits, replacement services, attendant care benefits, and mileage reimbursement for medical appointments.
  • Request a copy of the police report of your car accident from the police department that responded to your car accident.
    • Police reports of auto accidents are normally available for requests both online and by phone
  • Follow through on treatment for you injuries. Failing to do so supports your opponent in court who will use your failure to take part in your treatment as evidence that you are either no longer injured or in pain.
    • Also, continue to visit your doctor for additional documentation of your condition.
  • Keep track of all the costs of the auto accident (bills, mileage, pain, effect on your life overall)


If you have been involved in a auto accident in Michigan, and would like more information, or help determining if you have a case, please call the Law Offices of William Biebuyck PLLC, toll free at 844-GOT DENIED ((844) 468-3643) .